[Spridgets] Spridget 50th

Kathryn Bales kgb at frontiernet.net
Fri Jan 9 03:02:09 MST 2009

May & June are just about perfect here as far as the weather is
concerned.  Warm days, but not too hot, and cool nights, but not too
cold.  The "big" MG people are having their gathering in Tahoe June 12 -
18, so if we were to go just prior to them, those who so desire could
attend both functions on one trip, making it very cost effective.

The road up Lamoille Canyon should be open and all the trees budding
out.  Those who want to see snow would not need to walk far to find it.
The road up the canyon is a beautiful twisty one, with all sorts of
wildlife usually visible.  Binoculars are recommended to see the cougar
den and its occupant, as well as the occasional mountain goat.

I would suggest that those unfamiliar with the area peruse the Elko web
site and get an idea of some of the things available here for
recreational activities.  Those who like to fish might find the 5# trout
and trophy bass in South Fork reservoir of interest.

Kate