[Spridgets] Taurus Judge - 410 Gauge goes off from trunk in car. . what a blast.

Jethro (J Foster) tr3.4.me at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 13:38:24 MST 2009

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Kirk Hargreaves
<khargreaves2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> One day my son was loading the gun into the trunk of her Toyota Avalon.
> Somehow, he thought that the chamber was empty, and "somehow" the damn thing
> went off while in his trunk.  It blew a hole through the sheet metal and
> scattered the shot against the cements steps, which were all chewed up as a
> result.  The blast just missed his dog as the dog was standing outside - and
> fortunately, no one else was in the path of the guns release.

I hope they realize how lucky they were!

ANYONE handling a gun should attend a firearm safety course and be
ever vigilant about safety.

My aunt and uncle were moving out of the river bottoms during the
Mississippi River flood of 1993, and my uncle had loaded the family
guns into the trunk of the car.  He was a farmer and outdoorsman that
had been around guns all his life and often provided for his family
via hunting, trapping and fishing.  In the rush of trying to get
everything they owned out of the way of the incoming flood waters he
failed to check each and every gun to ensure they were unloaded.  He
hit a pothole in the gravel road and heard a loud noise. He turned to
ask my aunt "what was that?" and found that she had been shot.  She
died the next day.  He took his own life a year later still in grief
of the accident.

Sorry to be a "downer" but there it is.  Be SAFE.