[Spridgets] Hyper Lube

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Mon Jul 20 19:14:24 MDT 2009

Well, basically, if we look at that refinery as "the plantation", the slaves
went with the plantation.  That refinery was the original Kendall refinery.
Conoco-Phillips bought the name, and American Refining group bought the
refinery.  However, that refinery never stopped producing the oil we knew as
Kendall GT 1.  It's just that after a certain date (in 1996, I think) they
could no longer call it "Kendall".  The personnel of the old Kendall Oil
group all went with the refinery, when it was bought by American Refining.
The guys in the lab are (allowing for retirements, and their replacements)
the same guys who were there back in the "glory days" of Kendall GT-1 racing
oil, and the company's involvement in big time, professional racing.
Re: paraffin. I'm not all that familiar with what the refinery guys call
"the tower" (the different stuff that comes out of each gallon of crude oil
during the refining process).  However, Pennsylvania Grade crude is known
for having NO asphalt in the tower, and very little gasoline.  There is a
good reason why Pennsylvania Grade crude has long been known as the finest
lube oil base stock in the entire world.
Bud Osbourne