[Spridgets] Thoiughts on where to plumb the vacuum guage....

Dave G. kk7ss at verizon.net
Wed Jun 17 23:01:51 MDT 2009

While I was deciding (with the lists help) were to put the vacuum
guage, I started to think about vacuum feed to the dizzy.

With siamese intakes and two carbs, the obvious place to put the
guage is on the balance tube..  in that position I am truly seeing
engine vacuum.

However, one carb could be set differently to the other, resulting in
different vacuum readings for the front vs the rear carb...!

So why would the factory put a vacuum takeoff on the side of the
front SU??

Wouldn't it be better to feed the dizzy from the balance tube??

Just curious....
--
Dave G.   KK7SS
'65 MK III Sprite in Richland, WA

If I wake up in the morning, and I hurt, it means that I'm still
alive !!