[Spridgets] MG 2009

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at me.com
Thu Jun 18 18:40:44 MDT 2009

You are correct.  I have forgotten the group pushing "Lower Speeds
Saves Life's"  They made a very big deal of the drop in deaths due to
auto accidents after the 55 limit went into effect but ignored that
the number of miles driven had made a big drop.  They also ignored
that the 55 limit only applied to highways which historically had the
lowest auto accident deaths, if you look at deaths per 1000 miles.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition