[Spridgets] Knock sensor

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Tue Mar 3 18:23:19 MST 2009

Hal,

Since I'm running Megasquirt and a turbo, I would be the target buyer for
one of these.  The problem as I learned was that they work best on engines
with hydraulic lifters.  The flat tappet cam of a Spridget makes too much
knock type signal when there is no knock.  You would bolt it to the head or
backplate.  If I find out that the knock signal can be accurately gleaned
from the din of slapping tappets, I'll be hooking one up the next day.  The
knock signal would trigger Megasquirt to retard the timing.

Glen