[Spridgets] bugeye roll bar

Norm 2Bs twobees at sprynet.com
Tue Mar 3 20:04:25 MST 2009

Jim:

A lot of good advice so far.  I'm in the business & read all of the vintage
racing mags and SportsCar & others.  Never saw ad or edit on this company.
Looks like US dealer for Chinese parts sold only on eBay.  But, what really
raises a red flag is that this looks like a chrome bar.  Not good.  Although
better than nothing.  I do like their harness bars.  I'm in midst of making
one for my Alfa Romeo for occasional times when I use it without roll bar.
I feel bare without a 5- or 6-point harness in my spider.  Especially here
in Florida where an average red light change has 3 or 4 cars running reds.
Cops are looking for speeders.  And, I've never seen so many cops - local,
county, state anywhere in the US or Europe.  You can't drive more than a
couple of blocks without seeing one.  No idea where they're going (not that
many donut shops left) or what they're doing.  I digress.

Personally, I'll go to a local bar fabricator for any of my topless cars.
Or, the names mentioned.

While it won't make it to the Digest, I'll attached some pix of the bar I
had made for my MGB.  SCCA spec with removable forward & rear diagonal bars
for street use.  I raced with factory hardtop, otherwise it would have been
an inch too low.  A local circle track shop did the work.  It fit between
the bows of the softop as well as under the hardtop.  Wasn't cheap.  BUT -
it was well done.  And, what is your head worth?

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner - permanent roll bar
'60 Alfa - removable roll bar
Street cars - 4 dr. sedan, small SUV (for towing the racecars)

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of mgb_roll_bar_and_bows_S.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of MGB_Top_Up_2.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of mgb_roll_bar_and_bows_2S.jpg]