[Spridgets] Bugeye Roll Bar - raising the dead thread

tinydog at snet.net tinydog at snet.net
Thu Mar 5 09:22:51 MST 2009

tinydog offered-up:

This is like an SUV thread.

Some people have valid uses for SUV's and own them for their "utility".

Some people install roll-bars because they honestly have a desire for increased safety.

otoh

Some people don't have valid uses for SUV's and own them ... well, just because, ... and list reasons to justify them, like "I need traction in the snow".

Some people install roll-bars but don't honestly have a desire for increased safety, but like the way they look, and list reasons to justify them, like "I am interested in safety.".

I'm not criticizing anyone. I'm just stating an observation that some people drive SUV's because they think their cool and likewise, some people install roll bars, and whatever else, because they think their cool.

I personally drive a 1959 Rambler Station Wagon...purely to be cool. I have no need for a station wagon.

PS If I were to flip a car I would want to be listening to Tired & Sleepy by the Cochran Brothers.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Andrew Payne" <andrewpayne at intrex.net>

Dear list,

I was going to stay out of this as I got basically the same thread going
several months ago.  I hate to sound like a broken record, but I'm finding
that is par for the course on this list;)   First off, there were two of us
discussing our experiences with rollovers, and I believe that my experience
may be the one Lester was remembering.