[Spridgets] Bugeye Roll Bar - raising the dead thread

Andrew Payne andrewpayne at intrex.net
Thu Mar 5 12:46:46 MST 2009

Well Mr. Dog, I believe I am guilty of a few SUV threads too.  I may just be
trouble, my last name IS Payne...  I'm not criticizing people for choosing
not to have a roll bar, just for blanket statements that they offer no
protection.  Bullet proof vests don't help if you get shot in the head, but
they still help a lot of our law enforcement officers.

I am reminded of two stories.

A Highway Patrol Officer once told me, "I don't care if they wear a helmet,
so long as when there's a problem I can just shoot 'em and finish the job
they started.  I'm tired of using resources for their vain death wish.  You
get bitter after you try to find all the bits of brain and skull to send
with the ambulance."

When the seatbelt law passed in NC, my grandmother called my father upset
that the belts messed up her ultra-suede.  She asked if his doctor friend
would write her a note so she would not have to wear a belt.  Her friend
received such a note following her open heart surgery, so the logic was
clearly sound.  She asked what the note would say, "Ellen does not need to
wear her seatbelt because she is so old it does not matter if she lives or
dies; she is longer of any use to anybody."  All the young people wear
safety belts, he explained, because they matter to the world.  Once you
don't matter anymore stop wearing them.  She always wore a seatbelt from
that day on.

Drew