[Spridgets] Bugeye Roll Bar - raising the dead thread

mike rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Thu Mar 5 13:03:29 MST 2009

 Rollbars also make the car very safe to drive, in my younger days I
survived (with no injuries to me or to my then girlfriend that still
married me a year later) a roll over in my FIAT convertible with NO roll
bar.  How my gf and I survived that roll over without the roll bar I
will never know but we did.  First thing I did when I started driving a
convertible again was buy a roll bar (her Dad insisted on it) and I have
never rolled a car since so obviously they add tremendous safety.

Seriously, it all depends on your risk factor...I also ride motorcycles
but I wear full leathers and helmet when I do.  Roll bars do add safety
but I am sure people have died when they had one and survived when they
did not, nothing is 100% safe, do what you feel is right and live a
great life.  I have even looked into getting a roll bar for my S2000
even though I feel that car would be hard to roll over unless I do
something stupid, like go offroading down the mountain like 34 years
ago.

	mike