[Spridgets] NMC - PT Cruiser No Go

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 22:50:06 MST 2009

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 4:38 PM, David Lieb <dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com>wrote:

> It is as if the center was ripped out of the clutch disk (if any of you are
> familiar with the vast amount of torque on tap with the NA 2.4 engine, you
> will know that my tongue is firmly wedged in cheek as I offer that potential
> explanation).

The torque can't be much lower than the 1275 in my Midget and yet it did
exactly that to the clutch plate about 3 years ago. On opening the mess up I
discovered the remnants of a repro clutch plate made in - you guessed it -
CHINA!
-
Cheers!!
Jim
"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough
to take everything you have." - Gerald Ford