[Spridgets] Mileage

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 12 18:24:17 MST 2009

My best truck-drafting leg out of LotO back to CA was 44mpg.  With a TURBO!!
5-sp/3.9ratio 1275. (A well tuned homebrew fuel injection system helped
more than a bit and shows what is possible.)  It also helped power over the
Rockies and the Sierra, from sea level, twice each without any re-tuning.
The engines have good potential hiding within.  The worst leg was 22mpg
right after leaving LotO and heading right into a huge windstorm for an
entire tankful until I turned west.  No truck to hide behind.

Glen