[Spridgets] Mileage

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 19:08:22 MST 2009

Stock 948 with 1.25 SUs and 3.90 rear got 50 MPG easy, Louisville to Melbourne FL through the mountains (till GA). Lots of engines now shut off cylinders to get hwy MPG. Otto/Rankine/Carnot/Sterling cycles being what they are, usually smaller is more efficient.

My "breathed on" 1275 gets about 8 MPG at best ;).

Ron Soave