[Spridgets] Plausable deniability part 2

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 13 20:46:44 MST 2009

part 2

A little while ago I went to pick up the towel and take the parts out to the garage so's not to leave evidence.  Is it a trick of the eye when I pick up the towel (and also when I moved the old mop that lives in the corner nearby) that there seems to be a negative image of everything on the white floor?  Oh crap!  Black overspray has put nice shadows of the towel placement, an old bath mat, the mop, etc. onto the floor.  Busted!

Luckily, I have a handy Ace hardware nearby.  Quick trip an hour ago to ask for advice.  A few new shop rags from the garage (I'd hate to get grease on it too), a quarter of the new can of paint thinner, and twenty minutes of vigorous elbow grease later and there's no trace.  Well, the lighting's kinda poor down there anyway, so I can probably plead ignorance.  Now if the paint thinner smell will just fade away before we get back from the airport.

Sometimes I wonder what I'm thinking - or more appropriately not thinking.  It was only a little while ago I had a similar experience while dying the seats in the basement.  At least that was over where the floor is painted concrete and lighting is particularly poor.  Wish me luck!

David Booker
'71 Midget
Long Island