[Spridgets] Rear wheel bearing help and Questions..

Andy Webster a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 14 17:51:51 MST 2009

--- On Sun, 15/3/09, Lester <oldsaabguy at comcast.net> wrote:

6.    There are
several markings cast into the axle, how do I tell if I have the "good" ones?
G'day Lester,
I believe the markings:
BTA 806
EN 17

denote the halfshafts of
choice, from later model midgets, they have a groove machined perpendicular to
the spline about 1/2" from the end.

If I am wrong, someone please correct me.
BTW my axle has as much play as you describe, and i have wondered the same
thing.. And bugger-all oil, since the pinion seal leaks and the oil fill plug
in the diff will not budge. The only way i can oil it is to jack up one side,
remove a halfshaft, and pour oil in.

Andy

      Stay connected to the
people that matter most with a smarter inbox. Take a look
http://au.docs.yahoo.com/mail/smarterinbox