[Spridgets] Pertronix vs. Points Vice 123 System

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Sun Mar 15 14:58:40 MST 2009

Hello JLC,

     The 123 Dizzy is likely a superior alternative. It is most likely
     priced fairly considering suppy/demand/manufacturing/R&D costs,
     but at $500 it is too rich for my blood for solving some rather
     esoteric differences between itself and a Crane or Pertronix
     solution.

     Play in shaft will cause a different set of problems than worn
     lobes in the dizzy. The Shutter or Magnetic pickup CAN solve the
     latter problem.

     (the 123 does NOT list a curve as a replacement for the 40919
     dizzy that comes stock in the 10cc 1098 Sprite Engine, otherwise
     I would probably saving my pennies to cure that esoterica!!)

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"

  Do I smoke after sex? I never looked.