[Spridgets] Pertronix vs. Points Vice 123 System

Brits'n'Pieces (Eric Frenken) lists at brits-n-pieces.com
Sun Mar 15 21:42:25 MST 2009

Bill,

the question is whether you really want the original curve of the 40919.
After the quality (and burning characteristics) of fuel has changed so much
over time and your engine is most likely not exactly the same as when it
left the factory you shouldn't stick to a curve optimized decades ago. Also
you should keep in mind that ignition curves in that time always were a
compromise between performance and reliability (leaning more to the
reliability side), keeping an eye on different markets with different
climates and different fuel qualities.

We offer the 123ignition for your Sprite between 234.45 Euros and 259.66
(depending on what you want) which equates to about between 302 US$ and 335
US$ with today's exchange rate. Even with shipping costs you should stay
well below 500 US$, and there's a possibility of omnibus order.

Waving with an incense cone...

Eric
http://brits-n-pieces.com

Bill L wrote:
Hello JLC,

     The 123 Dizzy is likely a superior alternative. It is most likely
     priced fairly considering suppy/demand/manufacturing/R&D costs,
     but at $500 it is too rich for my blood for solving some rather
     esoteric differences between itself and a Crane or Pertronix
     solution.

     Play in shaft will cause a different set of problems than worn
     lobes in the dizzy. The Shutter or Magnetic pickup CAN solve the
     latter problem.

     (the 123 does NOT list a curve as a replacement for the 40919
     dizzy that comes stock in the 10cc 1098 Sprite Engine, otherwise
     I would probably saving my pennies to cure that esoterica!!)