[Spridgets] Pertonix Vice Points Vice 123 System

72 Spridget 72spridget at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 18:13:09 MST 2009

>>  with the 123/Mini is
>> that it will continue to work without missing a beat when your alternator
>> is
>> dead and your battery is so flat
> Pertronix won't work below 12.5 volts.

Not necessarily true, Billy. I took a trip with a gentleman who had a
Pertronix in the distributor of his Bugeye. We drove through a torrential
downpour that was so bad that all I could see of his car infront of me was
the white of his hardtop. his taillights did not stand a chance. After too
many miles of this, his generator was not keeping up with his headlights,
etc and he found that it was going slower and slower. We pulled off the
superstrip and stopped to investigate. We found that we were losing spark
over about 3000rpm, so we installed his points back in the distributor. NO
change. Got around to measuring the battery voltage and found it was down
around 10.5. At that stage, the Pertronix was still working just as well as
the points.
David Lieb