[Spridgets] Pertonix Vice Points Vice 123 System

Dean Hedin dlh2001 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 15 18:46:45 MST 2009

Bill does raise the good question as to how low voltage a Pertronix will work at.

The Pertronix web page states 8-16v.   The fact that the lower limit is 8 volts is almost conclusive that
the Ignitor is using a MOSFET to fire the coil (as opposed to a power transistor).

While at the Pertronix web page I notice the Ignitor II,  looks pretty cool with the variable dwell
and built in over current protection.  That might mean the little micro-controller detects the motor not
turning and ignition switch left on, and switches off the current to the coil.
A worhtwhile feature.