[Spridgets] Question Re. Pertonix Models

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Wed Mar 18 11:02:30 MST 2009

I run Pertronix in two of my four LBC's, Crane Cams Fireball 500 in another,
and half of a Crane unit as a trigger in yet another.
I had a Crane Cames 7000 fail years ago, and no problems on any of the
others since.  Too busy to mess with points and much happier with easy
starts and consistent day to day and year to year performance.  I don't use
wooden friction block shocks, front drum brakes, generators or Lucas voltage
regulators either.  When I'm motoring down the road with the bonnet shut I
bet you can't tell the difference.  I spend my weekends building new stuff
rather than milking adequate performance out of antique hidden bits.

Bring on the flames.

Glen