[Spridgets] Differential Rebuild

Hal Faulkner frog.aye at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:49:56 MST 2009

John,
Where are you getting your collapsible spacer?  I got mine from a M#%@
dealer and I don't feel it worked too well: I think it collapsed too
easily.  Were I to do it again, I would try to find some shims and perhaps a
solid spacer.  I would definitely work my way up towards 140 lb-ft of
torque.
BTW, I made a tool consisting of a length of bar and a weight (one pound)
that slides along the bar to determine the 11-13 lb-in. preload.  The whole
thing is attached to the differential flange using the remains of a worn out
u-joint.   Works pretty neat and gravity is at least as accurate as an
expensive torque wrench!
Hal