[Spridgets] Electronic Ignition

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Mar 19 15:11:16 MST 2009

72 Spridget wrote:

> And if you had called Pertronix, they would have replaced it for you.
Mine failed after 11 months. They replaced it no problem, the new unit
failed in 3 months,
I acquired a new unit in a box of parts with a Sprite I bought, it
worked for a couple weeks.
I am not against electronic ignitions, I am running one in my blue
Sprite, it has been fine except one of the magnets came out of the
chopper disc but the unit came with another disc for a different ap, so
I popped out that magnet and all is fine now, 6 years later.
It is NOT Petronix, it is a UK made unit.
I do not leave the key on in any cars because I grew up with points and
know what happens when you do.