[Spridgets] Another Crash

mike rambour mikey at b2systems.com
Thu Mar 19 17:55:00 MST 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 07:58 -0700, Rick Bastedo wrote:
> I've been in over 40 accidents in my 50 years, strangely enough most of them
> initiated by the other drivers.

 OVER 40 ? in 50 years ?  Jeez that is close enough to call it a
accident a year.

 I have been in 3 accidents in 35 years of driving, 2 the first year I
got my license and one 2 years ago, first 2 were my fault, going too
fast around a corner and second was "Geez, look at those yahoos on her,
shit!!!" the guy in front saw the red light and I was too busy looking
at somethings on the sidewalk.  ( I clearly remember that second
accident because my GF at the time has not let me forget it in 32 years
of marriage ).  So the first 2 were clearly my fault.

 3rd one was soccer mom running a stop sign and broadsiding me on my
Vitory, totaled the bike but I kind of walked away (limped away).  Good
part is she apologized to me AND the officer for paying attention to the
kid in the back seat and not seeing the stop sign, made insurance easy.

 I also had a few "get offs" on motorcycles during the first few years
of having my license but they were my fault, driving too fast for my
skills, since no other cars were involved and no damage except to my
pride or side cases of the bike, I don't count them as accidents but if
you want to, that would bring the total up to 5 in 35 years and I think
that is a lot.  Over 40  wow !!!

	mike