[Spridgets] Another Crash

JLC breton48 at live.com
Fri Mar 20 09:37:29 MST 2009

Spridgeteers,

As for me... Four minor accidents in 43 years of driving in Europe and the
US, no injuries. I have valid licenses in Great Britain, France, and
Colorado.  First accident was within 3 weeks of getting my driving license,
and my fault - did not see a car at an intersection coming from the right. I
was too busy freaking out driving for the first time during rush hour in
downtown Nantes! The next one was also in France, at the scene of an
accident before the police or medics got there - I stopped in time (the road
was blocked), the guy behind me did not. Then in England, and that was in my
1970 Sprite, I stopped at a red traffic light. The taxi behind me did not
stop in time. Told me he was talking to his customer in the back seat, and
by the time he turned around, it was too late!

The last one was over ten years ago, on a busy So Cal freeway. The traffic
came to a stop, and I did too. The two cars behind me did not. Fortunately,
I was far enough behind the guy in front of me so that the two cars hitting
from the back did not push me onto the vehicle in front. I still have the
letter from the insurance stating I was 100% blameless.

That's it, if one does not count a couple of spills on motorbikes, one as
the driver and one as a rider!

JLC

Racing accidents don't count, right? I had a few "incidents" in my SCCA Spec
7 (Mazda RX7) on the track, but apart from some spins and "off roading", I
never bent my vintage racing Bugeye!