[Spridgets] Another Crash

JLC breton48 at live.com
Fri Mar 20 10:10:12 MST 2009

David wrote:
I hope we aren't going to count any of the collisions in the PC
version of Classic British Motor Racing? Those computerized drivers
are INSANE!!!! I assure you it was NOT my fault... even though I was
the only one on-screen at the time ;-)
I am still annoyed that the Spitfire handles so much better than any
of the other cars..

I am well aware of the (deserved) reputation of the early Spitfire and its
rear swing axle as an ill handling car! Later versions were better - I had a
1979 Spitfire (with the de-cambered and redesigned rear suspension), and I
had no complaints. The overdrive made for more relaxed cruising than the
Midget I had before it, and I actually quite liked both cars. Earlier
Spitfire versions can be made to handle for the track (autocross and such),
but I suspect that is by stiffening the rear suspension so much it hardly
moves!

JLC