[Spridgets] Accident bike

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:57:57 MST 2009

Riding a Suzuki 1000cc LTD while waiting for my Harley (which was on order)
I came into a pool of transmission fluid while downshifting into a left turn
lane.  It was night, couldn't see the difference in the road..

I went over the "high side" (bad way to fall) and the bike and I tumbled
together for a good distance down the road.

I hit on my chest using my hands to help slow the impact.

I was totally bruised up and in pain.  I realized that day how unforgiving
the road surface is and in the midst of getting back to my feet I swore to
myself I would never ride a bike again.

A couple motorists asked if they could help me. . . but my embarrassment and
pride crept in telling them that I was "ok."

I pulled the bike to the side of the road, regained my composure and rode
home in tremendous pain.

Gear box fluid on a dark street is something that one might not be able to
see.

Just my two cents, and this accident no doubt contributed to my last  5.5
hour back surgery.

Kirk
59 BE