[Spridgets] Taking the car apart

Andrew Payne andrewpayne at intrex.net
Sat Mar 21 16:52:59 MST 2009

I am finally ready to start work on the 76.  I really wanted to have most
things lined up before taking him apart, perhaps time being the most
important.  Tools are in cabinets a new fluorescent bank is above the car.
OK, I still only have one quality outlet, and it is 25 feet from the car,
but oh well.  So, I need some advice, I will be putting in new floors and
sills.  I know I need to take of the stuff off or out to roll it on its
side. I assume the doors should stay on for strength and alignment, if so,
what about the windshield, < lights and handles?   Not trying to be lazy,
but I have little to no idea what Im doing.  Also, the man(and MG owner) at
the local parts shop told me to use a razor blade to strip the many layers
of paint from the car, has anyone used this technique?  Lastly, my
hood(bonnet) is a bit warped from the prop,  are there any tricks to bending
it back?

I will be buying the above parts, plus several patches, and probably cutting
out some square arches, if anyone has spares, let me know.  Im in the
mountains of NC.

Thanks,

Drew