[Spridgets] Glad I have spare fenders - niece backed into my Midget

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Sun Mar 22 11:09:49 MST 2009

It's "generation clueless".  These kids just won't do anything that is not
convenient for them......in this case, making SURE there is nothing behind
their car before they back up.  Most of them just don't get it.
Went through the same thing with my youngest son.  Although acknowledging
that it was probably his fault, his mitigating statement was that he'd
checked all his rear view mirrors first.  I explained that, since it was
dark and he was driving a comparatively large vehicle (VW Vanagon), it was
his responsibility to walk back and look behind, before he got in and backed
up.  He admitted that, "yeah, that's a good plan, Dad".  That was the last
time he bent anything with that Vanagon and my insurance didn't go up as a
result (there was about $900 in damage to the other car, which belonged to a
good friend of his), so, I guess I got away cheaply.
Bud Osbourne