[Spridgets] Poor....!

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 12:49:35 MST 2009

Ha!  You had a stick!  We were so poor I had to *pretend* I had a stick!!

People saw us kicking a can down the street and asked what we were
doing...we said "Moving"

We hung the toilet paper out to dry.

We made a hole in the kitchen wall, behind the cooker, and we used to dip
our bread in next door's gravy!

We'd leave the door unlocked. A burglar might come in and lose some of his
change.

The dog got nervous every year at Thanksgiving.

We had to borrow a few beans, to make the gas for a fire.

Our momma used to serve cereal with a fork.

The only things we saw on the kitchen table were elbows.

The bank came and repossessed the calendar they gave us at the county fair.

We would go to the KFC and lick other peoples' fingers.

The electric company came to the house and blew out the candles.

Maw & Paw had to face opposite directions and hook their elbows together,
just to make ends meet.

We had to reach up to touch bottom.

When we needed a new pair of shoes Ma would make us run outside when it was
raining.
Then, when we got our feet good and muddy, she'd made us come inside and put
our feet up until the mud dried.

Cheers!!
Jim