[Spridgets] Rejetting carbs for high altitude

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Mon Mar 23 13:12:24 MST 2009

Hello Glen,

     When we drove to LotO from Washington, over the Rockies and back
     again we did nothing to the SUs. Didn't want to have to tinker at
     all, just drove. I had one incidence of a lack of power near
     Cheyenne Wyoming. We had just started out after having gassed up.
     I was in 4 gear, still going uphill at about 8500' and the rpms
     started dropping. I shifted to 3rd, and kept loosing power and
     speed. I thought it might be the headlights draining the power
     because of a failed genny, so I turned them off, and kept loosing
     speed and power. I shifted to 2nd and pulled to the shoulder
     continuing to loose power dropping clear down to about 2500 rpm.
     I hit first and was about to shut it down when it started to
     accelerate. Back up thru the gears and all was fine thereafter.
     Never did figure out what happened. Had one incidence of a
     complete lack of power heading West. I was down to third when
     Bill M. went by like I was standing still. Turned out he was down
     to 2nd! .. Maybe they would have done better if we turned them up
     a flat or two, but since you (Glen)had put your magic fingers on the
     carbs in Missouri I didn't want to fiddle.

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"

  He who stands in corner with hands in pocket doesn't feel crazy, feels nuts.