[Spridgets] Rejetting carbs for high altitude

JLC breton48 at live.com
Sun Mar 29 15:46:21 MST 2009

I wrote: Nobody [except Cap'n. Bob ] mentioned using 87 octane grade, but I
will try that.

Ron wrote: Did too! I said 86, actually, which was what they ran in Los
Alamos at 7400 feet, labeled as "regular". I'd do one thing at a time,
though - especially the fuel if you're at high compression. Better to have a
black tasilpipe than a hole in a piston.

Oops! Sorry, Ron. The Twin Cam is a fresh rebuild, so I'll be careful! The
engine has a 10:1 compression ratio. It was marginal for the premium fuel
available in CA. I'll try the local regular fuel first.

JLC