[Spridgets] I hate U joints

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Sun Mar 29 19:16:43 MST 2009

Ever since I was 18 and owned a shitfire that needed U joints once a
week, I hated them
I hate replacing U joints so much that I am forever using good used
driveshafts in any Sprite I restore.
Well I am out of good used shafts BUT I had a pair of U joints and a few
driveshafts to beat apart.
So why is it EVERY FREAKING time a needle bearing drops and screws up my
new U joint?
I have tried several different methods of pressing them in, beating them
in, dropping the knuckle into the cap and every single time I mess up at
least one cap by dropping a needle bearing.
Tonight was no exception, 2 new joints, 2 now with one cut needle each.
(quality Japanese steel)
Yes made in Japan on the box. Imagine chinese U joints? I can't.
 From now on I will just take the drive shafts to the machine shop, it
just not worth the aggravation.
You would think someone would come up with a better U joint. No needle
bearings or at least have them retained somehow.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ