[Spridgets] Verizon Scam, no LCB content

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Tue Mar 31 16:18:10 MST 2009

My daughter sent the following, which I checked and found to be correct.  I went to my Verizon account and learned that I had agreed to let Verizon give out whatever information they have on me, including phone calls, to pretty much anyone who pays them, and probable the government as well.  I had agreed to this by failing to "opt out" in one of those multipart advertizements that we all ignore.  ("If you don't respond, we assume you accept.")  If you have Verizon Wireless, better check this out.

Michael Rowe

See this NY Times article about Verizon sharing customer information:
http://www.nytimes.com/external/readwriteweb/2009/03/07/07readwriteweb-verizon_customers_-_just_say_no.html?em

There's an italicized blurb at the bottom that links to a website that shows you how to opt-out of the info-sharing, which sounds like a good idea.