[Spridgets] Plumbing a shop for air

Frank spritenut at comcast.net
Tue Mar 31 19:45:07 MST 2009

I have had PVC (schedule 40) in my garage since I bought a compressor
many years ago.
No it's not as manly as cutting and treading black pipe but the glue
sure smells good ;)
Use a primer before you glue it.
I ran 3/4" pipe all over on both floors, drain valve stems run down to
the floor
Shut off valves here, there, and one at the tank on each side of the
water separator.
Do NOT use a horrible freight regulator or water separator, Don't use
the chinese Sears crapsman one either,  and don't even
 think about air tools from home defect. they leak from day one and die
in a year.
Get a good one from an industrial supply.
One word of caution, never EVER put an open flame salamander in the
garage under the PVC pipe to heat it up before you paint a car,
As you start mixing the paint and the car warms up, the PVC will expand
to about 4" before it blows and scares the crap out of you because you
thought the garage just blew up.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ