[Spridgets] FIAT

bighealey at charter.net bighealey at charter.net
Thu May 7 12:53:00 MDT 2009

I had a 78 1800 and loved it.  The top WAS easy and worked.

It had great balance.

Unfortunatly it did have an annoying weakness.  The sumps are unusually low and prone to roadrash or worse crushing.  Since the oil pump pick up is so low in the sump it would break the oil pump mleaving you stranded without oil pressure.  After three pumps and a braising to fix pinholes I gave up and sold it.

Shortly after some one came out with a modified sump, shorter pick up and get this a skid plate.

As a spirited kid I needed the skid plate in Colorado with all the above ground drainage dips.

Wheeeeee !!!