[Spridgets] FIAT

robertduquette at sympatico.ca robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Thu May 7 13:22:43 MDT 2009

I loved mine too.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/robertduquette/Cherry.htm

I liked that you didn't have to even stop the car to put up or take down the
top; just slow down.  I had no such problems with the sump, but I did break 2
clutch cables, which was really annoying.  Both times I managed to drive
home...

I thought it was a touch light in the rear, if my non-existant memory serves
me correctly.

RD

> Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 11:53:00 -0700
>
> I had a 78 1800 and loved it. The top WAS easy and worked.
>
> It had great balance.
>
> Unfortunatly it did have an annoying weakness. The sumps are unusually low
and prone to roadrash or worse crushing. Since the oil pump pick up is so low
in the sump it would break the oil pump mleaving you stranded without oil
pressure. After three pumps and a braising to fix pinholes I gave up and sold
it.

> Shortly after some one came out with a modified sump, shorter pick up and
get this a skid plate.

> As a spirited kid I needed the skid plate in Colorado with all the above
ground drainage dips.

> Wheeeeee !!!
> ---- Jay Fishbein <jfishbein at snet.net> wrote:
> > One of my favorite sports cars was the 124 Spider. Great design, practical
size, fun to drive and the top could be thrown down in a second.