[Spridgets] Help - Seemingly Incurable Brake Fade

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 5 14:09:44 MDT 2009

--- On Mon, 10/5/09, Jim Johnson <bmwwxman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, its an interesting engineering problem.

There was a "Classic Motorsport" issue a while back that had Brian Redman in a Porsche 917 or Chevron B or similar and also in a race prepped Sprite on the track. I think it had all the G-force data for the Sprite. Anyone have it handy? I would be stunned if a street Sprite got anywhere near 1G. When the g-forces are instantaneous, that is what engineers like to call "shock". We just call it "expensive".

Ron