[Spridgets] Horn trouble

Norbert Sliwinski nsliwinski at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 23 11:02:11 MDT 2009

Hello all,

before I entirely loose my religion over this I am asking the group - how can
I  hook up one horn? The Midget I bought had two horns hooked up but nothing
worked! All the wires were painted, but I detremined the following: as per the
schematic I have 2 purple and 2 purple/black wires which are in parallel
connecting both horns- than I have one purple wire (always hot) and on purple
wire not hot. I installed a new Moto-Lita steering wheel. Trying to trace the
wire with a test lamp to the fuse did not get any results. How is the horn
wire connected down stream? Does it go thru the steering column? Also, since I
have jacked the front up I noticed a large oil puddle under the car - where
does that come from? I did not have any leaks when the car was level.

Norbert

'73 Midget