[Spridgets] Was: California Ammunition Restrictions NO Spridgetcontent

David Riker davriker at nwi.net
Sun Sep 27 22:19:06 MDT 2009

The problem is very simple.  In 1950, you smoked, you got cancer, you died
at 50.  You're knee quit working, so you got some crutches.  You had high
blood pressure, you had a heart attack, you died.  Health insurance wasn't
that expensive because there wasn't that much that could be done.  Today,
you eat right, you don't smoke, so you live longer.  New, hi-tech
(expensive) treatments have become available.  Of course amortizing the
expense of a bunch of 81 year old people with problems that weren't
treatable 50 years ago is going to drive the  of health care up.  Simple
health care, like putting a cast on a broken bone, amputating a finger,
prescribing a couple of antibiotics now and then IS affordable.  Multiple
MRI's, exotic rare drugs, micro lazer surgery with nuclear image cameras;
that isn't cheap.  You can't wish it cheap, you can't tax it cheap.  So, you
can spend 30% of your income on insurance, or 60% of your income on taxes,
pay higher prices for everything else to cover the HIDDEN taxes, or you can
accept that there are some treatments the insurance companies won't pay for
that will be reserved for the rich.  To remove costs you have to reduce
layers of complexity, not add them, you need to reduce non productive
payroll, not increase it.  Adding government is adding layers of complexity,
adding government is adding non productive payroll.  It's mathematically
impossible that government regulated health care will cost less.

David Riker