[Spridgets] Was: California Ammunition Restrictions NO Spridgetcontent

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 05:47:12 MDT 2009

> It's mathematically impossible that government regulated health care will cost less.

David,
I agree with you. OTOH, you did leave out one significant factor that
the government COULD affect. One of the other contributing factors to
the cost of healthcare is the cost of malpractice insurance. This in
turn is driven by lawsuits. And it drives the industry to run every
possible (expensive!) test to maximize the CYA. All of which drives up
the cost without enhancing the benefits. Will the lobbyists let the
legislature enact the tort reform necessary to control this? Not
without a lot of civil unrest.
David L