[Spridgets] Clutch "Fun" Again

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 13:32:27 MDT 2010

I drive my 59 1275 with bolt on HP parts every day as "my car".  . the only
car I have owned and have never tired of driving.

My clutch, once again, has began to act funny.  It releases early. .  just
as you let it out the car lunges forward.  . and then it goes back to
normal.  I can pump it and that seems to cause it to act more towards the
"normal" side.  . but not every time.

After I am on the road for a few minutes.  . it seems to come back to a more
normal pattern.

Heat causing the seal to expand or?

I am going to bleed it today. .  but I am guessing that I will not find air
in the line. .  hopefully I will.  . and I can bleed it out.

But I think it could be the cup/seal in the master cyl acting funny again.
. which was replaced not too long ago.  And there is no pitting or strange
stuff going on in my master clutch cylinders.  ..

Just thought I would mention as someone might come up having had the same
experience?

Kirk
59 1275