[Spridgets] Clutch "Fun" Again

BJNoSHOV8 bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Sun Aug 1 15:01:00 MDT 2010

I have not had that specific experience, but I know from working in a
garage that clutches can fail in many ways.

We normally expect the disk to wear out or the springs in the
pressureplate to wear out, but I've seen clutches where the tips of the
fingers were worn and not catching on the throwout bearing, and on this
list I've heard people say that their throwout bearings went to pieces.
I suspect that something like that might cause the clutch to act
differently at different times.