[Spridgets] Fw: Speaking of Harley Davidsons

BJNoSHOV8 bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Wed Aug 11 22:29:18 MDT 2010

Sure is, and there's lots of stuff worse than the ground!  I crashed 6
weeks ago on my bike and I'm messed up plenty.  I'm talking bicycle
here.  I was out training on a Saturday morning on my road bike like I
usually am on Saturday mornings, and ran into the back of a car that
stopped in front of me in the middle of a 6-lane road.  We heard later
from witnesses their version of what happend but I have absolutely no
memory of it.  I was riding my bike and then I wake up laying on the
ground with the EMS guys cutting my clothes off.  I didn't know what
happened but I knew something bad had happened.  I had to ask them what
happened.

I was wearing a helmet and glasses, my face went through the rear
windshield of the car.  The impact had some affect on a disk in my neck,
and somehow messed up some muscles in my back.  The rear windshield
tried to slice my face off.  A couple of hours with needles and thread
and my face is back in one piece but it might be a year before I can get
most of the scars removed.  I spent 24 hours in the ICU and a couple of
more days in a normal room before they let me go home.  I think they
were surprised that I didn't have brain damage or internal organ
damage.  I had MRI's, CAT scans and Xrays.

Oh and the bike is toast too.  I don't have any interest in riding
anymore this summer, maybe next summer I'll feel differently about it.