[Spridgets] 1275 questions..

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Thu Aug 19 22:43:17 MDT 2010

Hello Spridgets,

  A 1275 is falling into my lap and I have a couple of questions.. it
  is described as..."sans damper pulley and induction system", and..is
  said to have a "smog head"...

  can I take the exhaust manifold off the 1098 (big mains) or will I
  have to use one from a 1275 and thus replace my exhaust pipes?

  can I take the stock carbs off the 1098 and do a direct transfer, or
  am I better off finding a set from a 1275?

  are there any caveats to using the "smog head" or should I be
  looking for another one?...

  I already have the 1275 flywheel modified for the datsun tranny, so
  that's no problem... ....

  the engine "is said to have been running" when the present owner
  acquired it...... ....

  comments?  tips?

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                          mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403  "the red thing"

      * "I've lost my gold mine!" Tom exclaimed. (*2)