[Spridgets] shifting isssues

ryan.kubanoff at comcast.net ryan.kubanoff at comcast.net
Wed Jan 20 10:16:51 MST 2010

I/we pulled the engine and trans from my 74 and the transmission sat vertical for about a month on the bell housing.

Prior to this I had no problems shifting at all. Now when we put the engine and new clutch back we had to hobble together a pilot bushing since the one hat was in their was in pieces and the one that came with the new clutch did not fit. anyway now i have occasional problems getting into first and today getting into reverse. This is with the clutch pedal fully pressed down. Now this isn't gear grinding on gear, it is as if something is blocking the stick shift from moving forward into gear. The stick shift isn't moving forward enough to engage the gears . It eventually gets in but takes a few tries.

i at first thought it might be air in the line but after bleeding it twice and still having the same issue I am wondering if its something else.
any ideas? could i have but something back together wrong or is this just a byproduct of new clutch and cobbled pilot bushing?

Ryan
'74 midget