[Spridgets] NO LBC "CAT FROM HELL"......have fun with cat stories.

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 20 06:41:42 MDT 2010

We had a couple of Siamese cats and to assist them made a 'cat flap' in the
rear door to the kitchen.  A couple of months after I had done this we were
woken by the sounds of a 'cat fight' in the kitchen.  Getting down there
revealed a large black tom-cat fighting our pair of little panthers.  The
large black tom was too scared to move out of the now open back door, so I
decided to help.  It promptly bit the fleshy part of my hand but rapidly
left the house.  Two days later I couldn't move my hand and wrist, it was
somewhat swollen.
A hospital trip gave me an tetanus injection in my butt, a 10 day series of
antibiotic tablets, a week long sick note from work and a lot of mocking
from the nurse who thought about the poor little pussy cat causing a big man
like me to seek medical help.  The swelling went down after two days.  An IV
and 10 shots at hospital seems like a pure cash collection process to me but
hey, I'm no doctor.
You could have a problem collecting the cat if it is now seeing you as an
'enemy'.  I think all you can do is to try and restore the cat's confidence
by keeping on talking and feeding without the sudden snatching.
The other solution which will allow you to continue the vacation is to shoot
the little git and you won't have any more problem with it.  If they are pet
cats they should act as pets.  If they are 'farm cats' they are allowed to
be a little ratty with humans.  Best of luck whichever solution you take.
Next doors' cat will be taking a longish trip shortly, it has got back to
using the cloth top of the wife's Audi TT as a fur shedding place when it
sleeps.  Shame really, it has learnt to walk on the fence top between the
gardens and not to go into our garden so why doesn't it learn about the car
roof?

Guy R Day