[Spridgets] thermostats and radiators

Leo S 60bugeye at cebridge.net
Thu Mar 11 21:51:41 MST 2010

    I was going to post this tomorrow as I finally got in estimates from all
the various suppliers I contacted in trying to find the lowest price I could
on an aluminum radiator that is patterned after the bugeye's radiator.  I
contacted Griffin, Davies racing and some others and here is the general
consensus from them and the best overall deal.  Basically the radiator is
very labor intensive in the fabrication of the neck and the surround.  Some
were able to put the ridges in the top of the tank and some were not.
Quality and workmanship was also a criteria.  All quotes were based on a
minimum of 20 radiators.  The best quote I got was for $460.00 from  a
company in England but with customs and brokers fee the final tab is around
$500.00 ea.  The cost of the same radiator if bought without the volume is
651.00.   It really is a work of art and I will get pictures posted tomorrow
on line so it can be viewed.  I have seen their radiator in person and is
really impressive.      A company in Australia sells a comparable radiator
and their list price is $1000.00 which to me is WAYYYYY out of line.  Ron
Davies racing sells a radiator for 650.00 and there is a 10.00 per unit
break if buying 20....Sooo...Is there enough people interested in spending
approx. $500.00 for an aluminum radiator to satisfy the 20 unit order?
Radiators will be shipped direct to your door by the broker. All orders have
to paid for in advance and after I find out f the interest is there I can
get a delivery / mfg timeline.  I am not making a dime on this and the
shipping will be done by the broker I have to go through to get them.  My
part in all of this will be to get the money assembled all in one place to
make the payment to the broker.  Or if someone else want to act as the money
changer if there is enough interest then more power to them.  Soooooo...
speak up if interested.  Put radiator in the subject line.

Leo