[Spridgets] thermostats and radiators

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 12 05:58:16 MST 2010

Bummer. I can vouch for Ron Davis' Bugeye clone radiator being a functional
work of art if you must have Alumin(i)um.

Gary, where are you in WI?

--- On

<60bugeye at cebridge.net>

To: "gary majewski" <gmajewski at wi.rr.com>, "spridgets spridgets"
<spridgets at autox.team.net>
> Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 10:51 PM
was going to post
> this tomorrow as I finally got in estimates from all the

various suppliers I contacted in trying to find the lowest
> price I could on
an aluminum radiator that is patterned
> after the bugeye's radiator.  I
contacted Griffin,
> Davies racing and some others and here is the general

consensus from them and the best overall deal.
> Basically the radiator is
very labor intensive in the
> fabrication of the neck and the surround.  Some
were
> able to put the ridges in the top of the tank and some were
> not.
Quality and workmanship was also a criteria.  All
> quotes were based on a
minimum of 20 radiators.  The
> best quote I got was for $460.00 from  a
company in
> England but with customs and brokers fee the final tab is

around $500.00 ea.  The cost of the same radiator if
> bought without the
volume is 651.00.   It
> really is a work of art and I will get pictures
posted
> tomorrow on line so it can be viewed.  I have seen
> their radiator
in person and is really impressive.
>     A company in Australia sells a
comparable
> radiator and their list price is $1000.00 which to me is

WAYYYYY out of line.  Ron Davies racing sells a
> radiator for 650.00 and
there is a 10.00 per unit break if
> buying 20....Sooo...Is there enough
people interested in
> spending approx. $500.00 for an aluminum radiator to
satisfy
> the 20 unit order? Radiators will be shipped direct to your
> door
by the broker. All orders have to paid for in advance
> and after I find out f
the interest is there I can get a
> delivery / mfg timeline.  I am not making
a dime on
> this and the shipping will be done by the broker I have to
> go
through to get them.  My part in all of this will be
> to get the money
assembled all in one place to make the
> payment to the broker.  Or if someone
else want to act
> as the money changer if there is enough interest then more
> power to them.  Soooooo... speak up if
> interested.  Put radiator in the
subject line.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html