[Spridgets] NO LBC - A Proposal: The Mechanical Car

Jay jfishbein at snet.net
Mon Mar 15 14:03:52 MST 2010

It has been on my mind for some time and long before the current wave of Toyota problems, that cars have become way too complex.

I recently took delivery of a 2010 Cooper to replace my 2003 and the extent of the electronics on this car is staggering.

It dawned on me the other day...why don't any manufacturers make a truly basic mechanical car, devoid of fly by wire accelerator pedals, bluetooth/ipod/flashdrive electronics and the myriad of other gadgets unnecessary for transportation?

IOW, Why not market a back to basics mechanical car?

jay