[Spridgets] My Kitty found barely alive!!!!!!!!!

Kathryn Bales kgb at frontiernet.net
Wed Sep 1 11:01:44 MDT 2010

  On 9/1/2010 9:53 AM, Linda Grunthaner wrote:
> My brothers neighbor Dana was notified by her daughter that a cat
> crawled under the van near my brothers trailer with it's legs
> dragging. Dana looked under the van and said "That's Stitches" with
> that she heroically crawled under the van and grabbed it. I'm not sure
> why she was so starved as the other neighbor was feeding her perhaps
> she was too scared to eat that food (all other cats ate it) and she
> just hunted birds & mice. Not much eats with only a few birds and
> mice. I am so very grateful to have her back , she is grateful too as
> she crawles up into my arms and purrs as boney as she is. Poor little
> kitty was just very frightened and wanted to be home : (
> Lin
>  Lin,
      Be sure to keep an eye on her liver stats for at least a few
months. A cat's diet. or lack thereof, can seriously affect the liver,
sometimes  causing permanent damage. You might see if she likes
Gatorade. Some cats do, usually the horrid tasting original green
flavor. All my     working dogs have used it to keep hydrated when out
on a search or just running alongside my horse. I'm glad you are the
type of person who doesn't have the attitude of "It's just a cat". So
many people would not put the effort into finding her in the first
place, or getting her the necessary treatment after getting her back. We
may disagree on some issues, but I will always be proud to call you a
friend.